Depending on how long you've had your ADT Home Security Alarm, you might be considering upgrading to a more modern system or adding some of the new and fancier features you see on TV or in your friend's home. You might like to add ADT cameras or even home automation.
The great news is the company that first brought automation features to the mass markets is still the leader. ADT Pulse with home automation is the system of choice for millions of Americans, far surpassing any other home automation company.
ADT Pulse gives you remote home security from mobile devices and computers including being able to remotely check the status of your security system, mobile arm/disarm, text and email notifications of alarm and device events, cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, garage door control and automated door locks. The ADT Pulse platform has created an ecosystem allowing control of other smart home devices like the Nest thermostat or Ring Video Doorbell.
If you would like to upgrade your existing security system to ADT Pulse, check out your options below.
This blog will cover these 4 upgrade options:
- Upgrade your existing home security system to ADT Pulse
- Upgrading your current ADT monitored security system within the first two years of your initial installation.
- The benefits of upgrading after two years of being a monitored ADT customer.
- DIY (do it yourself) options for upgrading your ADT Pulse System.
Or you can read every section to get the full scope of options available to you.
1. How do I upgrade my existing system to ADT Pulse?
There are several types of customers who want to upgrade there existing security system to ADT Pulse:
- A. Customers with a current monitored ADT security system. If you currently pay ADT for montly monitoring, call ADT directly at 1-888-238-2727.
- B. Customers with a monitored security system with another security company. If you are currently monitored by a different company call us and we'll help you upgrade and switc over 1-800-310-9490.
- C. Customers with an inactive security system previously monitored by ADT or another security company. Call us, we'll help you activate it and get 24/7 monitoring.
Option A. If you are a current ADT customer who is paying for monitoring service you can upgrade your system at anytime. There are special upgrade packages for customers who have had monitoring for at least two years. Call them directly at 1-888-238-2727. See section 2 below for more details.
Option B. Upgrading from another company is simple. Schedule a FREE Home Security Review to have one of our Security Consultants come to your home for a security system evaluation. The Security Consultant will evaluate your current system and see if we can use the existing security equipment and integrate upgrades or if you will need a completely new security system installed. If you are currently paying for monthly monitoring, you will need to look at your contract terms and see if you can cancel your service without any penalties. Most security companies have three year contracts but some have five year contracts. It's important to understand your current contract before you cancel and go with ADT. For more information call 1-800-310-9490.
Option C. If you have an existing security system that is not currently being monitored, schedule a FREE Home Security Review to have one of our Security Consultants come to your home for a security system evaluation The Security Consultant will evaluate your current system and see if we can use the existing security equipment and integrate upgrades or if you will need to have a completely new security system installed. For more information call 1-800-310-9490 today.
2. What are my upgrade options if I have been an ADT customer for less than two years?
If you decide to upgrade your current ADT system within 2 years of your initial installation, you simply purchase any additional equipment you would like and pay the going hourly labor rate to have it installed. If you are upgrading to a different monitoring service level you will need to complete an new agreement for the new monthly monitoring rate.
If you do decide to add equipment in the first two years of your agreement, you will call ADT directly at 1-888-238-2727. After 2 years ADT offers great promotions to keep you in the most current system at a great price. See Option 3 and 4 below.
3. The benefits of upgrading your current ADT Security System after 2 years - Call ADT at 1-888-238-2727.
After you have given us two years of your patronage, we feel the need to say THANKS! Similar to your cell phone agreement, we offer discounted upgrades shortly after 2 years. There's always a great promotion and it changes so that the latest technology and features are always available to you.
Some monitoring service upgrade examples:
- Upgrade from a traditional system to an ADT Pulse system so that you can check in on your system, arm and disarm remotely and have all the cool features that an ADT Pulse system offers you.
- Add Cameras and Home Automation to an existing ADT Pulse Level I system by upgrading to ADT Pulse Level III monitoring service. More and more often, cameras and smart home devices are becoming the norm. With the advent of the smart phone, many of us expect to be able to use an app to perform many of our daily duties. ADT Pulse with home automation covers all your bases.
- Simply replace that 15 year old panel with a more modern one and enjoy all the benefits.
There's always a money saving promotion to help you ease into the new era. The package that gives you the most discounted equipment is when you upgrade your service to Pulse Level III with video monitoring and home automation. You will receive free upgrades and get additional discounts on equipment upgrades with a new three year monitoring agreement.
Once you begin enjoying your upgraded ADT monitoring service, you'll wonder why you waited so long. Surveys show customer are far more satisfied with a system that offer remote mobile monitoring, cameras and smart home automation. It's an amazing security and home automation experience!
To upgrade your system after your orignial 2-year contract, call ADT directly at 1-888-238-2727 today to find out what current specials are being offered to upgrade to ADT Pulse Level III monitoring service. You'll love the upgrade options.
4. DIY (do it yourself) options for upgrading your ADT Pulse System
Once you have the ADT Pulse iHub gateway with Pulse Level III monitoring service, many devices can be added without professional installation or professional programming. To add equipment, just verify that your item is on the list of approved cameras and Z-Wave devices. Find the available products you can add listed in your personal ADT web portal. Consult the add a device section on your portal. Then purchase a camera, thermostat, light switch, small appliance module, door lock or garage door opener from any supplier and follow the instructions below to enroll it into your system:
To enroll a new device, log in to your personal ADT Pulse website at https://portal.adtpulse.com with your user name and password. Once you have accessed your Status page, click the System tab. You will see an icon in the upper-right area labeled "Manage Devices." Simply select this icon and follow the installation wizard to enroll your device into the system.
To add the above devices you will need to have ADT Pulse Level III monitoring service. If you do not have this service level, you will need to have your ADT Authorized Dealer upgrade your system and monitoring to Pulse Level III before you will be able to add your own equipment to your ADT security system. As option three above explains, after two years of having ADT monitoring service, you will have significant discount packages to upgrade to Pulse Level III monitoring.
If you want to add security devices including door/window sensors, motion sensors, glass break sensors, smoke/heat detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, key fobs, keypads and other security devices you will need to purchase them from the Authorized ADT Dealer and have them installed by the Dealer.
If upgrading is in your future or on your mind, this should help you plan when and how you will upgrade your current system. If you are looking to install a new ADT monitored security system, give us a call at 1-800-310-9490 to schedule a FREE Home Security Review or just click below and have us give you a call.
Editor's note: orignally published Thu,Jan 14,2016 @ 12:36 PM.Updated to reflect changes in ADT policies. All upgrade for customers currently paying ADT for monthly monitoring go directly troug ADT corporate at 1-888-238-2727.